I have put together a simple tool called Qt Inspector.
Qt Inspector starts a specified application or connects to an existing Qt application and once connected can:
- Browse the object tree of Qt applications.
- View properties of objects
- Edit properties of objects
- Locate a widget in the object tree by clicking on it in the application
- Copy a reference to an object for use in a debugger (eg. to manipulate it by calling methods on it, examine member fields, setup conditional breakpoints)
Qt Inspector can either attach to an existing application or launch
a specified application and then attach to it.
From a terminal, this can be done with:
qtinspector [process ID]
qtinspector [program name] [args]